What is a Business Advisor?
A Business Advisor is a sales professional who works directly with buyers and sellers on the EF marketplace and is responsible for establishing and maintaining communications with all customers.
The successful buyer/seller experience includes maximizing sales/profitability by helping customers understand EF processes and the benefits of working with us as the #1 curated marketplace for buying, selling, and investing in online businesses. The person in this role must enjoy talking and negotiating with people while guiding them through a successful customer journey.
What’s the Opportunity?
Becoming a Business Advisor makes you a critical part of the team at Empire Flippers.
You will represent our brand and be the face of Empire Flippers to buyers and sellers while learning skills that will last you a lifetime in the online business world.
Your work ethic and skill set will have a direct impact on our growth. We will open up our Rolodex, offer you training, and give you insights into the online business space that no college course or paid informational product could ever teach you.
And you won’t be just another employee at a giant corporation.
You will connect with entrepreneurs running hundreds of sites, as well as entrepreneurs running gigantic global e-commerce brands with name recognition.
Because of our fast growth, that also means new needs will arise. We will need good, trained “hands on deck” to handle that growth. If we’re a good fit for each other, you can be at the forefront of that growth and take advantage of it.
What’s This Sales Position Like?
- While we are an Inc. 5000 company, we’re not overly corporate. You’ll work with our entire team to make sure the job gets done. We believe in collaboration, and that means every department in our company comes together to help bring a project to fruition.
- It has been an effective strategy, and has worked well for us.
- When you first come on board as a Business Advisor, you will start learning more about our business before jumping into the job.
- You will learn everything there is to know about the different kinds of customers we serve in our audience.
- You will become well versed in all of our processes, from how our listing review process works all the way up to the intricacies of structuring a business acquisition.
- Once you have the basics down, you will use the phone, chat systems, and email to communicate with our audience and will have access to our backend support systems through HubSpot, Zendesk, and our EF Platform.
You might be wondering, though … what will your daily work routine really look like once you’re up and going?
Here is a list of daily tasks we’ll expect from you (though this isn’t an exhaustive list and could change):
- Taking calls with potential sellers and answering their questions on how we go about selling their business
- Calling people who have unlocked businesses and guiding them to the next step in our sales funnel
- Contacting warm leads and qualifying them before sending them to the next step (whether that’s reviewing listings or talking with one of our Senior Business Advisors)
- Returning emails to potential buyers who are looking at using our marketplace, but still have questions about our process
- Working closely with our Senior Business Advisors to set up our Buyer-Seller Conference Calls
As a Business Advisor, you will support our Senior Business Advisors as they negotiate deals that are win-wins for both our buyers and sellers.
What Skills Are Needed?
We believe in hiring people who are a good fit with us culturally. We want people who are hungry to learn, but also people that will be fun to work with.
We are looking for a skilled, career-driven sales professional with 2-4 years of experience who can speak to our sophisticated customer base. Our sellers are sharp — they understand the process, know our buyer pool and competitors, and require a skilled salesperson who understands the industry and them.
- You must love talking and negotiating with high-value investors and savvy buyers. You enjoy the challenge (and reward) of handling the more complicated deals. A background focusing on finance, e-commerce, or online business is important for success in the role.
- You’re a confident self-starter. You need to be able to pick up the phone and call someone who doesn’t know you and see how they are doing. This isn’t cold-calling, but it won’t be super warm, either. Everyone you call will have opted into our marketplace and given out their phone number, so they will know about Empire Flippers. It is your task to make sure they understand our processes and see why we are someone they want to work with.
- You can spot risks and opportunities. Every day, you will speak with entrepreneurs about scaling businesses, liabilities, and how good certain assets are as an investment. Over time, you will need to be able to spot what are genuine risks and genuine opportunities for people looking to acquire online businesses. You will need to be able to confidently tell the entire story of a possible acquisition. While investing in online businesses can bring great returns, it can also be a volatile space to play in. We respect our audience’s intelligence by telling them about both the risks and rewards.
- You’re a problem solver. Selling a business is an intimate experience for most entrepreneurs, especially if it is the first business someone is selling or buying. That means you will face obstacles and challenges. It will be up to you to make sure those challenges are met head-on and solved.
- You’re excited about expanding the Empire Flippers brand. We love hiring people that are passionate about the online business industry. In many ways, we really are changing lives. We want you to be on board with our mission, participate in industry conversations, and get people excited about working with us.
- No degree required